16.3.09

Faint

This is a must-blog and must-label-blog-entry experience.

Ladies and Gentlemen, after living for almost 19 years now, I have just have had my first ever fainting experience! Okay, I didn't really faint, but I almost did. I had to control and not fall like that cause my mummy wont have the strength to carry me home. What caused me to faint is pretty embarrassing and weird actually.

I had my first ever blood test today. I panicked when the doctor said he needed to withdraw blood from me to test. I immediately woke up from my drowsy normal self and asked why. I must have given my mum a shock then. hahahaha. I had to squeeze my eyelids with my right hand while looking away, trying not to concentrate on the needle going into me and staying there for quite sometime, suck blood out of me, thinking of the worst case scenarios like needle breaking while he sneezes, etc. After taking the blood, I was trying not to frown at the doctor while he said "Not painful right? Told you.." He said sth bout calling him up to check on my report and after I just followed my mum out of the door. At that point of time, I couldn't help it but to take a glance at his table.

GOD. He took a test tube-full of blood out of me. I. Feel. Faint. I. Feel. Light. I couldnt take it while walking thru the hall, it was so dark. I had to get out of the clinic. Thinking that maybe I just need some fresh air and maybe there's sth in my eyes. Cus I couldnt open them properly.. But when I got out, I felt like the world is spinning, I had to grab onto something or else I will just fall. But there are only walls, nothing could provide me a sturdy firm hold. So I squat down.

The next thing I know I was burying my face into my hands and crying. My mum asked me to sit on the chair she took out for me. I couldnt even talk all I could manage was a slight shake of my head. The top of my head felt freezing cold, I couldnt make out whats shes saying after, everythings muffled, I could only hear my heartbeat. She rushed to get me some water, I didnt recover in time to tell her there's a bottle in my bag. By the time she rushed back, I was already up on my feet, wiping all the tears off, hoping my eyeliner didnt smudge and laughing at myself for being such a sissy. Then I notice this malay uncle looking at me weirdly, must have witness the whole thing huh. I must have given my mummy a big shock and a great laugh after. My maid laughed till she had stitches this afternoon! btw, My eyeliner is power :)

To think that I even thought of donating blood, I must be out of my mind! Its definitely off my list now. Its funny how Im so afraid of injections but not piercings. Maybe its cus they always had to inject sth into me or for today's case, get sth out of me! So.. yea, maybe. While piercings just quick and it done in a sec kinda thing? I dont know. Just guessing.

& finally, yay to fainting experience. Now I know its not very comfy (like suddenly falling asleep) as I thought it would be. Hmmm, I would love to have looked at how pale I looked though..

No comments:

Post a Comment